Old-age homes are meant for senior citizens who are unable to stay with their families or are destitute. A few states in India such as Delhi, Kerala, Maharashtra and West Bengal have developed good quality old-age homes. These old-age homes have special medical facilities such as mobile health care systems, ambulances, nurses and provision of well-balanced meals for senior citizens. There are more than a thousand old-age homes in India. Most of them offer free accommodation. Some old-age homes work on a payment basis depending on the type and quality of services offered. Apart from food, shelter and medical amenities, old-age homes also provide yoga classes to senior citizens. Old-age homes also provide access to telephones and other forms of communication so that residents may keep in touch with their loved ones. Some old-age homes have day-care centers. These centers only take care of senior citizens during the day.
- We treat our parents wisely when we BLESSthem with our words! #HappyParentsWorshipDay
- कितने अच्छे कितने प्यारे होते है मातापिता चरणों में इनके है जन्नत, बाहों में सारा जहां #HappyParentsWorshipDay
- #HappyParentsWorshipDay in Indaur in presence of Cabinet Minister Shri Kailash Vijayvargiya
- Parents and truly divine God and in Gurudeva #HappyParentsWorshipDay
- Indian Land sages, is the land of incarnations. #HappyParentsWorshipDay